Sunday, June 20, 2021

Family Group #1

I am not sure if this is Bret in the photo? Bret I have lost your e-mail address will look for it soon


Kenneth Hawkins posted a comment to another blog post on this site that grabbed ,my attention.  Kenneth has done yDNA testing and he does match family group #1.  His comment was that his son looked a bit like Bret Hawkins.  I thought it would be fun to compare the two photos.  Here is Kenneth's son:




I can not find a quick photo of Bret....so I'll get back to this ....but Kenneth sent me some more information about his family line that I don't want to loose so I'll add it before I quit for the day.

Here is information for Kenneth's family:

My great great grandfather was James C. Hawkins from Lawrence county Alabama. He was born in 1838 and was married to Artimissa Barbee, the daughter of James Barbee a captain the War of 1812. I think Barbee may have received a land grant for his military service in Alabama.

Their children are names as follows: 
JOSEPH B HAWKINS B: 1867
James W -HAWKINS B: 1854
Henrietta Hawkins B: 1850
Reuben T Hawkins B: 1852
Sarah Laurenia Hawkins B: 1856
Mary Elizabeth Hawkins B: 1850
Ida Blanch -HAWKINS B: 1858
Willie Hawkins B: 1868
John B Hawkins B: 1855
Francis Hawkins B: 1847
Joseph Branon Hawkins

My grandfather was Joseph Branon Hawkins. He died in McNairy County Tennessee and his grave stone can be seen at the the Pleasant Hill Cemetery site.
The names are similar to others on this blog, but there is no listing for the parents of James C Hawkins. 

here is the find a grave link for Joseph Branon Hawkins

No comments:

Post a Comment