Tuesday, March 5, 2019

Family Group #28

Usually I do not add a new family group unless I have two or more participants who carry the Hawkins surname and are both part of our Hawkins yDNA project.  However, today I added family group #28 with two kits who are close matches at 37 markers.

Harry Hawkins is the father of Cynthia Heidorn.  And R.S. Waline is the father of Crystal Walline.  Crystal has explained that her grandfather had biological surname of Hawkins but took the name of his adopted father.  Thus he is a Hawkins by dna.

Here is what Cynthia explained about their new family group:

Hi Marsha,
According to Crystal Walline, her grandfather took his adoptive father’s name , Walline instead of keeping Hawkins. My gg grandfather, Orrin is the same age/generation as Henry Nelson Hawkins. We are wondering if they are cousins. I am searching for Orrin’s grandparents. Crystal is searching for Henry Nelson’s parents. Hopefully we can figure this out! 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Marsha...a quick correction. My father is the source of the yDNA match to the Hawkins line. His name is R.S. Walline (you missed one 'l'). :)

    ReplyDelete