Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Family Tree DNA

I just returned from a terrific conference hosted by the Ohio Genealogical Society that was held in Cincinnati, Ohio.  Much to my happy surprise was the fact that Bennett Greenspan was in attendance for the entire conference.  I attended his Round Table event Thursday evening.  I also attended a class on Friday that was given by Diahan Southard on Autosomal DNA for Genealogy.  This was very interesting as she no longer works for any of the companies who provide testing.  Thus she is able to give an unbiased comparison on what each of the companies can and do provide.  I look forward to sharing what I have learned with the members of our Hawkins DNA project.  I do not think that I am any more scientifically knowledgeable that I was last week, but I do believe that I have a bit of a better over view of the different kinds of testing.  Each of you please ask some questions so that I can work on sharing my new knowledge.

No comments:

Post a Comment