Monday, January 29, 2018

Hawkins in Pike County, Missouri

I heard from Willetta Heising this morning telling me a bit about her Hawkins ancestors.  Willetta has done a good deal of autosomal DNA testing and has joined out autosomal group.  Here is her note:

Marsha,

So happy to hear from you. I've printed a copy of your message and will follow those instructions tomorrow. Meanwhile, my HAWKINS line is fairly brief at present. My maternal great-grandmother is Beulah Belle HAWKINS (1882-1959). Her parents were John M. HAWKINS (1854-1922) and Amelia SHUTT (1862-after 1922). John M's parents were John R. HAWKINS (born 1801 KY) and Harriet HARDIN (1802-1870). Pike County, Missouri figures prominently in this line. Beulah Belle was born there and her parents were married there.

This is the first surname project I have joined. I have taken the autosomal test at Ancestry and 23 and Me, along with the mtDNA test at Family Tree.......
Thanks again for reaching out. .....

Best,
Willetta Heising

No comments:

Post a Comment